We are local to the New Orleans metro area and have served well in our own back yard. We are in need of a solid ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle). This tool is not cheap. This tool can save divers from placing themselves in significant harm when working deep water.I have chosen the Outland Technology ROV-1000. There are several reasons for this choice.
1. The reason I became a sonar operator was a man named Buddy Mayfield. Buddy is an owner of Outland Technology. Buddy called me one day and asked me to pass by the office. He introduced me to a fishing sonar when Humminbird first started making them. I soon purchased one and not long after located missing school teacher Terrilynn Monette in Bayou St John. There have been many since.
2. Buddy, Chuck Daussin (his partner) and the crew at Outland Technology have supported my mission over the years. They have built cables, repaired equipment and offered support which has helped me continue serving the families of the missing.
3. Outland Technology is 2 blocks from my home. Repairs and support are walking distance.
4. I have personally seen one of their ROV's that was crushed and had been returned for repairs. It still functioned!!!
5. Keith Cormican (Bruces Legacy) uses an Outland ROV and has been extremely successful in bringing home the lost using it.
6. The Outland vehicles are priced similar to others of the same size when equipped the same way.The total cost will be near $100,000. The fundraiser will be dedicated and separate from any other fundraisers. The sonar that is needed to make this tool functional in the conditions we work is around $25,000.00 which adds to the overall cost of the vehicle. Without sonar it is of little practical use.The recent recovery in the Gulf of Mexico was not luck or on accident. We had trained, planned and implemented said plan with 4 separate organizations who teamed together. It was a deep water search which a solid ROV would have made a more safe operation when it came time to splashing a diver or using the ROV. Next weekend I will be heading to a deep lake in Alabama on a search. These searches happen more than you know.There are 3343 likes and 3396 people following this page. I never imagined that would happen. Unlike other pages that market themselves, I post when I feel something will help educate or inform others of the good things we, or others, have done.If 3000 people who follow, or like us, would give $30.00 this would be pretty close. I know many can't and many will. That will help us so much. That would be around $90,000.Some of you have contacts with people of means. I have found that many want to give, but do not know where. This is their chance to make a real difference. This page has many examples of what we do and who we team up with. Car dealers, motorcycle dealers, attorneys, and other local business may wish to support a local entity with a nice contribution, maybe even a sponsorship.We are registered with the Louisiana Secretary of State and tax exempt through the IRS as a 501c3 Non Profit and in good standing.When the decision is made on how we will implement this fund raiser I ask that you give from your heart and help us. Until then please ask around to see who may be willing to support this fundraiser. I appreciate your support of what we do. Mark Michaud / Founder SELAUSAR