Occupational Therapy Training Program (OTTP-SF), a Division of Special Service for Groups, is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco serving Bay Area youth.
You may not be familiar with OTTP-SF, but you likely know a family that has been affected by the public health crisis caused by COVID-19. OTTP-SF has served 10,000 Bay Area youth and families over the past 20 years. In just a few short months, our organization has experienced an overwhelming shift in the needs of the youth and families we serve.
Many who were already struggling to make ends meet have since experienced unemployment. They now face difficulties purchasing food and essentials, and have had to shelter together in small, overcrowded spaces. Youth struggling with depression and anxiety have experienced a substantial increase in symptoms as their routines and coping strategies have been disrupted.
The care we provide is vital, but we are now facing a potential $170,000 deficit in funding due to the unknowns of COVID-19. This would result in 100 or more youth and families losing access to our services. This is why we’ve launched our Emergency Healing campaign.
We are asking for your support.
Please donate, share, and help us reach our goal of $50,000.
The San Francisco-based software company, Webflow, has offered to help us reach our goal. For every dollar donated, Webflow will match up to $25,000! We are reaching out to our community to support our efforts to serve more Bay Area youth in need. Every dollar you donate will 100% go towards services and support we provide. Here are some examples of those services you will be supporting:
Therapy: Teaching Coping Strategies, Problem Solving, and Promoting Self-Esteem
· Providing a better understanding of one's emotions
· Teaching healthy communication skills to convey emotions and to avoid conflict
· Teaching clients how to manage stress and anxiety through breathing techniques, calming techniques, mindfulness/meditation, therapeutic yoga, and artistic expression outlets like cooking, painting, drawing, and coloring.
· Bonding and baby care for young new mothers
· Healthy living lessons in exercise and nutrition
· How to cook and grocery shop
· Taking care of oneself - health and hygiene
· Communicating effectively at home, school, and work
· Writing a resume
· Completing a job application
· Interviewing skills and setup (practice and prep)
· Job placement
Physical Items for Support
· Art supplies
· Interview clothes
· Baby care items
· Stress management tools (gum, squish balls, fidget spinners, play dough, etc.)
· Exercise equipment (dumbbells, exercise balls, resistance bands, etc.)
Bridging to Forward Mobility
· Driver license fees
· Enrollment fees for college application and certification programs
· Laptops, iPads, Wi-Fi and/or mobile phone bills
· College and dorm supplies
· Furniture to improve living situations (beds, kitchen supplies, desks for homework, etc.)
· Gas money to get to work
· Face masks
· Lysol spray
· Antibacterial gel
· Soap and shampoo
· Disinfectant wipes
We are grateful for your donation. Please note that there is a 2.9% credit card fee plus $.30 charge for donations made on this platform. We thank you for your generosity!
Please like and follow our social media to hear from the voices of our youth.