Our senior game this year is on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 4:15pm. We'll be honoring our loved ones with a Play4TheCure fundraiser for the National Foundation for Cancer Research. We'd love it if you'd join us in donating to this important cause!
Why does Ossining Field Hockey Play4TheCure?
- I am playing for my mom who also battled Breast Cancer in 2018 and is now in remission.
-Although I personally have not been affected by cancer, I will play for all those who have suffered and lost someone due to cancer.
- I play in memory of my uncle Trevor who has passed away from cancer.
- I play in memory of my aunt who passed away form cancer and for all of our loved ones affected
- I play in memory of aunt who passed from cancer, as well as everyone I know who has had it and beat it in the past :)
- I play for the cure because my mom had breast cancer. It is a very brutal thing to go through. I play to honor my mom because she is the strongest woman I know and she was able to fight through this terrible illness. I wanna support everyone who has gone through this and for the people fighting for their life at this moment.
- I am playing for my grandma who had breast cancer in the past and my aunt who also had breast cancer. Both are still alive and here with us today!💗🎗
- Thankfully, I don't know anyone in my family that has had cancer. I still play though to support anyone who has had it and to raise money for a cure:)
- I play for everyone who’s currently struggling or has struggled with this painful disease and managed to keep high hopes.
- I play in honor of my grandma, whose breast cancer in now in remission.
- I play in honor of my uncle who passed away due to cancer and other medical problems.
- My Grandma had cancer and I know how it feels to have a relative or someone close to you that has it. I would love to help people who are going through it right now.
- I play for my grandpa and my best friend's dad who passed away from cancer. I play in honor of my Aunt Ellen, and my friend's mom, Sharon, whose breast cancer is now in remission.
- I play for my aunt who had cancer and for all those who are suffering or know someone is suffering with cancer. And I hope that one day we will have a cure for all cancers.
- I play in memory and honor of my grandpa that passed away from Pancreatic Cancer when I was six years old. He was one of my best friends and sometimes can't believe life goes on without him in it.
- I play for my grandma who passed away about 5 years ago due to cancer.
- My mom who had breast cancer a few years ago
What is Play4TheCure?
Play4TheCure is the sport fundraising program for the National Foundation for Cancer Research which provides funding worldwide to the best scientists to enable cutting edge research that other large cancer organizations can’t and won’t fund. Play4TheCure inspires athletes and their teams to leverage their passion for sports to “Play4” loved ones affected by cancer and encourages them to actively participate in working to fund cancer research to make a difference.
The National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides scientists in the lab the funding they need to make game-changing discoveries in cancer treatments, detection, prevention, and ultimately, a cure. NFCR has distinguished itself in the cancer research sector by emphasizing long-term, transformative research often overlooked by other major funding sources. With the help of more than 5.2 million individual donors over the last 45 years, NFCR has delivered more than $360 million in funding to public education and cancer research leading to several important, life-saving discoveries.