The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need.
Our generous donors, volunteers and employees are part of a nationwide network committed to preventing and relieving suffering here at home, across the country and around the world.
In Orange County, the Red Cross empowers ordinary people to perform extraordinary acts in emergency situations. Whether it’s a wildfire or a home fire, a call for blood, or a call from a service member or military family in need, the Red Cross is there, providing help and hope when it's needed most.
All Red Cross assistance is free, made possible by the generosity of donors and the power of volunteers.
In Fiscal Year 2020 (July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020) the American Red Cross of Orange County
- Responded to 102 disasters and assisted 279 families
- Installed 1,752 free smoke alarms, making 595 homes safer
- Enrolled over 31,800 people in Red Cross health and safety training courses
- Provided 1,847 services to military members, veterans and their families
- Collected 115,307 red blood cell units in Southern California
- Supported by more than 2,300 local volunteers
The Red Cross is proud that an average of 90 cents of every dollar we spend is invested in delivering care and comfort to those in need.