The COVID pandemic put a stop to all PHAA conventional fundraising and public events. We were able to re-open on May 15, and look forward to returning to and expanding some exciting educational and family fun events in the coming months as regulations allow. Our all-volunteer staff and workers are excited to welcome you back. Some of this year’s events and programs being considered are:
· A scheduled series of educational speaker programs.
· Special museum exhibits and tours.
· First Annual Croquette Tournament!
· Old world craft demonstrations and classes such as tatting, quilting and more.
· Walking excursion along the New Castle/Frenchtown Railroad bed with one of our local historians offering fun facts and tales of what it was like riding on the rails of the first railroad built in Delaware.
· Our Annual Fife and Drum concert.
· Victorian picnicking in the cemetery –historically, this was a common event.
· The return of our Annual Fabulous Fall Festival!
· The Battle of Cooch’s Bridge Memorial ceremony.
· Our always highly anticipated Halloween program.
· Wreath’s Across America ceremony.
For our volunteers, the PHAA mission is a labor of love. Traditionally we've hosted our events on a shoestring budget and offered all we have to the public for free –including access to our fabulous museum! We hope to continue that tradition but we need your help now more than ever. While we were closed for over a year, we have had almost no income from the public. Out of necessity, we are working on new ways to raise funds to meet basic operational expenses: utilities, property lease, insurances, conservation, procurement, housekeeping, maintenance, all special events and the maintenance and replacement of 33 public educational signs located near and around our museum as well as at the Iron Hill and Glasgow Parks. (We would like to expand the numbers of those signs.) We love history and we love bringing it to you with factual detail and insightful perspectives. In the past, it has been the public’s kind and generous donations and support that has enabled us to continue operating. Please consider donating today, every month and often, as generously as you are able. ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE! As we work toward utilizing possible direct funding avenues, we will email you with details. Please keep us in mind and consider donating to Pencader Heritage Museum. We thank you kindly for your support!