In March 2018 a group of women from OmLuxe Retreats will journey to Marrakech for an unforgettable and enlightening Yoga Journey to benefit Project Soar.
Project Soar’s Mission: to empower teenage girls in the developing world! We provide 50 workshops of empowerment to keep the girls in school and to prepare them for more productive, fulfilled futures.
Project Soar is 501(c)3 American non-profit association founded in 2013 by Morocco-based American social entrepreneurs, Maryam Montague and Chris Redecke. The Flagship location is based in a semi-rural village on the outskirts of Marrakech. Through our expansion program, Project Soar in a Box, we aim to empower more of the world’s underserved adolescent girls. Project Soar's workshops are based in the Project Soar 5 Pillars of Empowerment, which embody our beliefs that every girl should have the opportunity to know her Value, Voice, Body, Rights and Path.
A Project Soar Girl…
1. Knows her Value. She is confident, has high self-esteem, and respects her own worth and potential.
2. Knows her Voice. She communicates her thoughts clearly, resolves conflict effectively and advocates for herself productively.
3. Knows her Body. She understands changes in her body and values her own health and wellness.
4. Knows her Rights. She embraces her right to an education and understands her right to be free from exploitation, violence and forced marriage.
5. Knows her Path. She has tools to envision her future, sets goals assertively and conducts action planning with ease.
50 Empowerment Workshops Across 5 Modules
The Project Soar in a Box curriculum includes five Modules which focus on Project Soar’s 5 Pillars of Empowerment: Value, Voice, Body, Rights, Path. Each Module includes 10 Workshops, 90 minutes each. Each lesson includes an Opening Circle, Affirmations and Education, Activity, Meditation and Visualizations and Journaling. Additionally, each lesson includes a review session and pre/post-tests to better evaluate the comprehension of the core concepts that will be addressed in each Module. Each facilitator will have her own hard copy of the curriculum in English (and if applicable, Arabic). The target audience is 20 girls ages 12-17 and the program is to be implemented over the course of 6 months.
Project Soar Empowered Girls Club
After the completion of the program, Project Soar Girls will become part of the Project Soar Empowered Girls Club. Girls will then have opportunities to mobilize and connect with other PS Girls, each increasing her impact at the local, national and international level.