Since 1938, the New York Financial Writers' Association has taken to the stage with our special brand of caustic comedy, scathing satire, and villainous vaudeville to taunt, lampoon and ridicule some of the most powerful figures in the worlds of finance and politics -all of which is done to raise funds for scholarships for NY-area journalism students interested in careers in financial journalism.
Despite the financial constraints the COVID-19 pandemic has created, we are determined to continue providing scholarships for aspiring NYC area journalists -at a time when they are needed more than ever. Any donations towards the NYFWA Educational Scholarship Fund are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Over the past decade the New York Financial Writers’ Association has awarded $305,000 in scholarships to aspiring financial journalists –scholarships made possible by your support.
Following are a few NYFWA scholarship recipients from recent years and the organizations they have gone on to work for:
· Olivia Jade Carville, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, Bloomberg
· Kellie Ell, CUNY Graduate School of journalism, CNBC & WWD
· Krystal Hu, New York University, Yahoo Finance
· Mike Juang, New York University, CNBC
· Jeff Kauflin, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, Forbes
· Cezary Podkul, Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, Wall Street Journal
· Rebecca Ungarino, Baruch College, Business Insider