ALL GIFTS MADE TODAY WILL BE MATCHED BY A GENEROUS DONOR!
Help us move forward as we:
· Support and connect creatively with our community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Take care of our staff throughout these uncertain times.
· Strengthen the foundation of the organization so that we will be able to thrive into the future on our own permanent home.
One of the central lessons that our students learn at Mosaic is that their feeling peaceful, happy, and healthy is tied to everyone else feeling peaceful, happy, and healthy. Never have we seen this more clearly illustrated than we do right now during this pandemic. We all benefit from the more equitable, just, inclusive world that The Mosaic Project works to build.
We are heartbroken not to be running our Outdoor Project spring sessions for the first time in 19 years and heartbroken for the world. As we are settling into our new reality, we are recognizing our silver linings and developing our strategy for moving forward. While we work to strengthen the foundation of the organization and build our future on our new home, we are also focused on serving our community right now.
We are creating new virtual offerings for our young people, their families, and their teachers to provide connection as well as to teach vital skills to cope emotionally and address urgent issues arising during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. We are most excited to have launched MOTV (Mosaic TV) on YouTube. You can see our first few, very brief episodes here. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did making them! The most recent episode is about the increased prejudice and discrimination faced by those of Asian descent in the current climate. Our next episode will focus on interconnectedness.
2. We are hosting Virtual Campfire Programs every other Sunday. Our first one was so enthusiastically received that we decided to offer them regularly. We’ve heard feedback such as, “I’ve been looking forward to this all week!” and “I miss my Mosaic family! This lifted my spirits and was exactly what I needed!”
3. We offered our first Parent Workshop via Zoom to explore Conflict Resolution When “Sheltered at Home.” We are now beginning a regular Mosaic Parent Open Forum.
4. We continue to hold our bimonthly “Fam Friday” gatherings for our 15-23-year-old Youth Leaders as well as our regular Youth Board and Children’s Board meetings via Zoom.
5. We are creating a Google Class curriculum site for teachers where they can find and share social-emotional learning lessons, games, and activities for virtual as well as in-person settings.
7. We are working on our second music album. We write original songs for every topic addressed in our programs. We have at least an album’s worth of songs that we have wanted to release for years. At last we will be able to do so. We plan to write and record a few new songs as well.
Thank you for your continued support at this critical time. With heightened awareness of our interdependence and deep gratitude for you, we send all our very best, healthy wishes.