I hope your year is off to a wonderful start and that it continues to be filled with prosperity, health and happiness. I’m looking forward to another joyous year with you all!
This year, I turn 30. With your help and generosity, I would like to celebrate my 30th birthday by making a change in someone’s life other than my own.
Depending on how long you’ve known me, you may remember that 5 years ago I dedicated my 25th birthday to Charity:Water, which provides the single most important, yet basic, necessity we take for granted every day: clean water. With your support, I was able to surpass my goal of $2,500 for a total of $3,050. Thanks to such generosity, now 1,008 people in the small community of Surumpen (Kodera-Kapuruok), Kenya, have access to clean water.
Seeing the impact we made was such an incredible experience that I decided to dedicate my next milestone birthday to another good cause as well.
For my 30th birthday in February, I have started a campaign with UNICEF with the goal of raising $3,000 by February 5th, 2019.
In lieu of presents, cake and wishes for my 30th birthday, I am asking for my family, friends and all those willing to give back to donate money for those in need. I would be so grateful for any contribution you can make, no matter the amount!
89¢ of every $1 of the money raised will go directly to aid children.
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) is an organization that provides services like health care, immunizations, safe water, and emergency relief in the places where they are needed most. UNICEF shares that thousands of children under the age of 5 die every day because they lack access to such necessities that most people in the U.S. take for granted. To make a contribution, click here.
Let 2019 be the year of truly celebrating life by saving one.
Some UNICEF facts:
- UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories all over the world.
- UNICEF helps immunize 45 percent of the world’s children.
- UNICEF's lifesaving interventions have helped cut child deaths by more than 50% since 1990.
- UNICEF can ship life-saving supplies to children almost anywhere in the world within 48 hours.
- UNICEF works in more than 100 countries to improve access to safe water and sanitation facilities.
- UNICEF implemented over 12 million diagnosis tests to prevent child deaths from malaria.
If this is not the organization you would like to contribute to, or if you are looking to expand your humanitarian efforts. Other ways to help:
- Carry giftcards to Subway, McDonalds or other local establishments and pass them out when you come across someone in need
- Pay it forward, buy a homeless person a warm meal
- Volunteer at your local shelter or animal shelter
- Donate to a charity of your own choosing