“Giving to others, caring for the Dharma and caring for our world puts us in touch with its richness and goodness. Our giving manifests the world as we’ve wished it to be.” ~ Pema Khandro
Ngakpa International provides accessible, in-depth Buddhist education for students, teachers and leaders.
Integrating Buddhist wisdom with technology – online courses with Pema Khandro and other instructors from Ngakpa International - allows unprecedented access to ongoing and advanced study.
Generosity makes it all possible.
The Buddhist teachings continue because of tremendous generosity and goodwill. The teachings themselves have been given freely by teachers for more than 2,500 years.
This giving has been reciprocated by students and friends who, in turn, have supported the teachers’ livelihood, as well as provided generous donations of land, buildings and utilities to sustain and enhance the Buddhist teachings.
Ngakpa International continues the Buddhist tradition of generosity in the following ways:
1) Offering regular free public teachings and meditation classes in person and online.
2) Keeping fees for retreats and courses as low as possible. The fees cover only fifty percent of program expenses, relying on donations for the rest.
3) Offering a discounted All Access Pass for students who want to attend all the programs offered.
4) Offering Financial Aid, Work-Trade and Scholarships so that in-depth teachings are accessible to those who could not otherwise afford it.
5) The Teachers offer their teachings freely for no salary, receiving only donations.
6) Ngakpa International is run completely by volunteers as a labor of love.
7) Retreats are run by volunteers and the cooperation of all in attendance.
8) Ngakpa International supports Ngakpa House, a charity for orphans and elders in the Himalayan regions.
Here are several ways that you can help maintain this tradition of generosity, sustain the Buddhist teachings and support the activities of Pema Khandro and Ngakpa International:
1) Membership dues help fund programs and operating expenses.
2) Recurring financial donations cover up to 50% of Ngakpa International expenses.
3) Large and small donations help fund the development of Dakini Mountain, the Ngakpa International Retreat Center and spiritual “seat” of Pema Khandro in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.
4) Large and small donations help fund financial aid and scholarship programs for those who cannot otherwise afford retreat and program fees.
5) Large and small donations made as an offering, “dana” (in sanskrit), support Pema Khandro and other teachers who devote their time to provide the teachings and translations of original Buddhist texts necessary to keep the school vital and develop new programs. Teachers are supported entirely on a donation basis.
6) Volunteers who donate their time and service are the critical factor that make the activities of the school possible. Thank you, volunteers!
And thank you for your generosity! Every dollar you give makes teachings available to more people.
Generosity is one of the six Buddhist paramitas, a key quality to embody Buddhism as a way of life: Teacher generous to students, students generous to teacher and the Buddhist values of love, compassion and wisdom creating better lives and a better world. May all beings benefit!
For more information on Ngakpa International and available programs, visit www.ngakpa.org