Help New Voices support the Black women, femmes & girls we serve during this time of need.
New Voices for Reproductive Justice is committed to the health and well-being of Black women, femmes, girls & folx in Pennsylvania and Ohio. During this Coronavirus pandemic, New Voices has launched our COVID-19 Community Relief Initiative based on the values and principles of Reproductive Justice.
Our new reality presents challenges especially for our movement-building work that connects to people one-on-one. However, we are committed now, more than ever, to building and sustaining engaging, authentic online platforms.
The Reproductive Justice movement, theory and practice has shaped us to navigate a time, such as this, where our Human Rights are threatened and social justice solutions are required. This time calls for concrete, material and direct supports as well as preserving and advancing progressive policy changes.
Through our New Voices COVID-19 Community Relief Initiative, Black women, femmes, girls and folx in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Cleveland and Columbus can request FREE diapers, pull-ups, wipes and menstrual products including pads, tampons and liners by completing this online form at bit.ly/NewVoicesCOVID19 or calling our respective offices while supplies last:
Cleveland / Columbus: 216.307.3185
In addition to this effort, your dollars will also support New Voices with:
- Granting funds directly to frontline activists, organizers and leaders to address immediate COVID-19 needs in communities of color through our Social Justice Rapid Response Fund
- Supporting our Voice Your Vote! Project to protect fair and free elections in Pennsylvania and Ohio by educating Black women voters about registering to vote, voting during COVID-19 and general questions about the 2020 Elections.
If you would like to support our efforts, donate today. Below is a sample of costs your generous contributions would cover.
- $2,500 covers a Social Justice Rapid Response Fund grant for an organization with a 501c3 tax exemption or a fiscal sponsor with a 501c3 tax exemption
- $1,000 covers a Social Justice Rapid Response grant for an individual, group or collective without a fiscal sponsor
- $300 covers a weekly shift of Voice Your Vote! Project phone banking to Get Out the Vote for the Primary Elections in Ohio on April 28 and in Pennsylvania on June 2
- $125 covers the cost of diapers or pull-ups for 2 children as well as wipes and a set of pads, tampons and liners for 1 househould
- $90 covers the cost of a box of diapers or pull-ups and wipes for 2 children
- $35 covers the cost of a set of menstrual products including pads, tampons and liners
All donation amounts are welcome and appreciated.
Thank you for your support of New Voices for Reproductive Justice and our COVID-19 Community Relief Initiative as we serve the most impacted Black women, femmes & girls in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
For more information about our efforts, visit newvoicesrj.org/coronavirus or email email@example.com.