Our poor old 2004 Daewoo Sens is barely hanging on and it has proved to be more and more unreliable. We really need a better vehicle and one that truly meets our needs.
This GoFundMe Campaign will run December 2020 through March or April 2021, unless we raise the money faster than expected. As the campaign moves along we’ll add more and more information about it all.
* Street feeding program; since 2008 we have served over 90,000 meals.
* Transporting our Rehab/Homeless Shelter clients to/from church, medical appointments, getting new documents, etc.. But also visiting other rehab programs, doing Good Neighbor Projects, and other activities.
* Pick up donations from different stores/sources.
* Distritubting donations of different items to other charity organizations, needy families, and others in need.
* Transporting building materials to David's House Rehab Center.
* General ministry which includes counseling families, church events, summer prayer camps, transporting people for different activities, etc...
Our first pick for a replacement vehicle would be a Renault Trafic, or something similar. Important aspects for us are:
· 9 seats (the max in a personal passenger vehicle here)
· Less than 10 years old
· Larger engine, like a 1.6
· And a long/max length (for supplies, donations, etc.)
HISTORY: We purchased our Daewoo Sens sedan in March 2015, over 5 years ago, for a mere $3,200 ($3,500 with fees). It was in pretty good shape for an old car, 2004, but had a number of km’s on it. As time went by, we added almost 1,000 km (621 miles) a week due to all the ministry, work, etc… that we do.
All those kilometers started to wear on the car and in 2017 we started to regularly have serious problems with the car and it has continued to this date. Although the car has been a blessing and has allowed us to reach out and help so many, its days are limited and we need to find a replacement . . . and one that is reliable above all else and better suits our growing ministry needs.
Follow our ministry on Facebook: Heart of Ukraine Ministries