Calling all Allies and Supporters – Donate to help Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera (ATCF) raise funds for the border workers and Mayan weavers!
What happens when the COVID-19 pandemic combines with “free” trade, transnational corporate realities in Mexico?
· Our CFO (Border Committee of Workers) partners suffered loss of income when transnational corporate factories closed last spring
· Since the workers were called back, workplaces have lacked personal protective equipment and other safety measures
· With schools closed, workers’ children have been home alone and without internet or electronic devices for their education
· Jolom Mayaetik’s indigenous women weavers, our partners in Chiapas, have fewer outlets for selling their products
· Food prices have skyrocketed in Chiapas – at least three times the pre-pandemic costs
· Other workers in the indigenous communities also are without work and unable to relocate for jobs
At the same time, the dedicated CFO and Jolom Mayaetik women have strategized innovative ways to meet the challenges of their New Normal.
Watch our video to learn how they want to power-build in the situations in which they now find themselves. Invest in their new world today.
The CFO wants to acquire more internet access for member communication and to help their children access school lessons and homework. Jolom Mayaetik wants to expand their garden project to more members so they can increase food security.
Most of us are surviving and some of us are even thriving during the pandemic. Do you have extra funds you haven’t spent while staying at home, for example, cooking food at home rather than eating in restaurants? Instead, you can support organizations that are power-building and reimagining their world by donating.
Conditions for our Mexican partners are far from most of our experiences and much more harsh. Any amount of support will make a difference!
Learn more about Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera and our work by clicking on our logo in the upper left corner of this page.