New England Dairy is a non-profit 501c3 nutrition education organization supported by the dairy farmers of New England. For 100 years, NED has built a legacy of supporting healthy kids and student academic success through science-based nutrition education resources and wellness interventions.
Our primary youth wellness initiative, Fuel Up to Play 60, combines healthy eating with physical activity and student leadership to provide a comprehensive program K-12 schools can use to make sustainable healthy changes to their wellness environment.
Dollars raised will go directly to our School Grant Program, which supports school-based strategies to provide healthier choices on school menus and increase opportunities for students to be active at school.
Our grants have improved appeal and quality of school meal programs by providing resources, such as:
· Carts and kiosks to make breakfast more accessible outside the cafeteria
· Coolers and kitchen equipment
· Farm to School resources
Our grants promote physical activity with:
· In-class physical activity breaks
· Indoor and outdoor low-cost makeovers
Lastly, our grants support after school and summer meals, which provide:
· Healthy meals to students in need
· Educational and physical activity programs