On September 9, I will turn 50 and would like to continue to do my part to make a difference!
Many of you know my story and how cancer has affected my life, but for those who do not:
- My grandpa was taken by cancer when I was only 5 (oh how I wish I could remember more of him).
- When I was only 18 years old, I got the call while at college that my Dad had been diagnosed with Cancer. Just over a year later, I had to be ok with hugging him one last time.
- My Sister lost a friend to breast cancer before she even reached her 30th birthday.
- I sat with a friend through her last months of life doing all that I could to help her family, bring her peace and to make her smile and laugh.
- A close friend lost her nephew at such a young age.
- My Mom fought CLL for 8+ years and then finally had to make a scary decision and was given new life through a bone marrow transplant courtesy of her sister being a direct match.
- A few others that are close to me that have beat the battle include my Mother in Law, my Sister in Law, and numerous friends and family of friends. I watched them through the pain, through the struggles of wondering why, and continued to see them take the high road and fight, a few harder than I have ever seen, to win the battle! And my job, was simply to love them through it.
Friends, until Lord decides to take me Home, I will do all that I can to help raise money to find a cure.
For my 50th birthday this year, as your gift, please help me meet my challenge and continue to do all that we can to Kick Some Cancer Ass!
God Bless You!