Welcome to Mount Sinai Heart's Second Annual Fall Fundraiser!
We are getting started early this year and are aiming to help the The Campaign Against Hunger's (TCAHNYC) Food Pantry in Brooklyn purchase food for the holiday season! Please read more about this incredible organization below and help us reach our goal. Thank You!
The Campaign Against Hunger (TCAH) was founded in 1998 by Dr. Melony Samuels, who was led by compassion to assist a single, disabled mother struggling to feed her four children. Today, TCAH, which is anchored in Central Brooklyn, is one of the largest and most trusted emergency food and community support organizations in New York City. Since the pandemic began to impact the city, TCAH has more than doubled its impact from serving over 300,000 New Yorkers annually to serving 750,000+ individuals in the past 5 months. TCAH continues to advance equity for underserved and disenfranchised community members.
TCAH has led the fight against hunger and poverty in New York for over 20 years and fulfills its mission to empower residents to live healthier, more productive, and self-sufficient lives. We do so by increasing our clients’ access to safe, nutritious food, social services, and a wide range of programming. Youth workforce development and training, urban farming, and nutrition education are all ways TCAH works to alleviate poverty by helping community members to build self-determination, engage in grassroots activism, and invest in civic life.
In partnership with our supporters, volunteers, donors, and other community-based organizations, we have:
1. Provided enough food for over 7.2 million nutritious meals compared to 3 million meals a year
2. Experienced a 1020% increase in our daily food distribution efforts
3. Established 200 new community partnerships in Brooklyn and Queens
4. Moved into a temporary 20,000 sq. ft. warehouse that serves as a food hub in Brooklyn Served upwards of 14,000 families a week
5. Engaged 1049 volunteers and leveraged 4033 volunteer hours
6. Acquired a 26ft truck to support our robust mobile distribution throughout the city Continued to run our Benefits Access office, urban farms, youth workforce programs, and many other vital services and programs
None of this would be possible without the willingness to serve, the generous gifts, and the shared, marketable talents of people like you. TCAH is uniquely capable of recognizing our community's needs, dreaming up ways to solve problems, and executing sustainable solutions. However prudent, efficient, and mission-minded, our staff cannot plan for expansion without our supporters' financial giving. It's on us to build up our communities, and we would be grateful to have you join us in our fight for food and racial justice in New York City.