JOIN our mission to promote:
Education + Imagination = Inspiration
ARCK is hosting a community art festival and public art project, Miles of Murals on Saturday May 4th, along David Ortiz Drive across from Fenway Park. Miles of Murals: Walls that Speak public art festival is a FREE family-fun festival filled with activities.
Walls That Speak is ARCK’s next public manifestation of the Miles of Murals festival following I AM WE ARE and I AM YOU. The event creates a space and place to establish meaningful connections and build bridges between students and the community. Walls that Speak is embedded in our mission, to empower students to become innovators and creative thinkers by integrating art and design with literacy and STEM education.
Miles of Murals Objectives:
Engage the students of ARCK with real-life experiences. Empowering the youth giving them voices in the community and helping them become confident global citizens.
Bring the community together by using art as a catalyst for human connections.
Promote a space for dialogue about the importance and the impact of arts education.
Create a safe and vibrant space in collaboration with Boston-based artists to enrich the artistic and cultural fabric of the community.
Miles of Murals Festival Overview: Miles of Murals will be located along David Ortiz Drive across from Fenway Park. Miles of Murals is a family fun festival filled with lots of activities - a FREE all-day street fair with food trucks, ice cream, arts and crafts, yoga, raffle, and a DJ; and a ticketed VIP ARTraiser. With the support of the Boston Red Sox, Brand 47, and the City of Boston, the event will showcase chalk art and the unveiling of "Paredes Que Hablan" (Walls that Speak), a series of murals created by ARCK's students and Boston-based artist Percy Fortini-Wright.
You can visit and respond to the event on Facebook or on our website. Upon registration, you will automatically be entered into a raffle!
The three parts of the festival are the following:
PART I (free)
- 2-5:30 pm: Miles of Murals festival and street fair with arts & crafts activities, chalk art, a DJ, food trucks, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, yoga from 3-4 pm, and an interactive appearance by Wally from the Boston Red Sox.
PART II (free)
- 5-5:30 pm: Unveiling of “Paredes Que Hablan” (Walls that Speak), series of murals created by Gardner Pilot Academy students and Boston-based artist; artist Percy Fortini-Wright will be present, and Boston City Culture officials will make an appearance.
PART III (tickets required, donation requested)
- 5:30-7 pm: VIP ONLY Gallery Reception (Limited tickets)
- ARTraiser- Silent auction featuring art from both local artists and students
- Limited tickets — first come, first served
- Access to the entire afternoon festival & VIP reception
- MUST be 21+ with proper ID at drinks for VIP reception
- RSVP is required and gallery doors will close at 5:30 PM for VIP-ticket-access only
Our goal is to raise $50K Please help us raise funds to support our students and Any donation amount helps! Thank you!
Based in Boston, Art Resource Collaborative for kids is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit empowering students to become innovators and creative thinkers by integrating art and design with literacy and STEM education. Since 2012, ARCK has been able to positively impact hundreds of K-8 students in Boston Public Schools. To learn more about ARCK and its programs visit arckboston.org or follow on social media ARCKBOSTON.
Please Note: ARCK is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit [tax ID: 45-5442979] organization. Your donation is deductible to the extent allowed by law.