Join our barn raising!
Build the Inner Strength App
You are invited to join the Inner Strength virtual barn raising. What, you might ask, is a barn raising? It's when all the neighbors get together and help each other out with a big project.
What's the project?
Don't worry, you don't have to change your shoes to walk through the cow pasture.
It's joining in to build the Inner Strength mobile application this summer. More than 6,000 teens have been through the Inner Strength mindfulness and systems thinking program. Their comments and stories are heartwarming and mind-blowing.
But we haven’t had a way to keep in touch with kids outside of the 12-lesson program.
The students don’t get to receive ongoing supports and we don’t get to learn what helps them the most and what wonderful things they go on to do.
And so . . . we’re meeting them where they can most easily be found.
On their phones!
If you’re like me, a little skeptical of new technology, you might be asking, “Why an app?”
Here are just a few of the wonderful things teens will be able to do:
· With a mobile app readily accessible on their phones, our youth will be able to improve their mental health:
· Practice mindfulness exercises long after the 12-week class program has ended.
· Receive new age-appropriate supports when they move on to college and the workforce, as they learn how to adult with grace, stability, and calm.
· Chat and support with each other with stress reduction in safe groups (defined by classroom, teen leadership, and school).
Teens talk with teens. In a space defined by Inner Strength values teens can reach out to each other when they need a little boost of encouragement and support. They can meditate together, practice Love & Kindness, and share positivity to help each other through familiar stresses.
· Receive prompts, mindfulness exercises, and fun polls. Students benefit from little supports that remind them to be kind to themselves, do something kind for someone else, take a breath and pause during test week, remember to drink enough water, and the silly fun mindful prompts that make them smile.
· Schedule virtual mini-retreats and events and share with the entire student cohort.
With the Inner Strength Mobile app data, the program will improve based on impact data and teen responses:
· Teen usage will inform new programming and initiatives so we meet students where they want to be.
· Parents, school district, and funders can receive up-to-date reports
· Teen polls will help our program developers know what worked . . . and what didn’t.
· FAQs and reference material will be easily accessible to teachers, parents, and counselors.
· And much more!!!!
Please support the Inner Strength Mobile Application!
Help us build the app for September’s programs!
Amy, Alyson, Julie
& the rest of the Inner Strength team (and all the students too)