Dear Family & Friends,
As many of you may recall, I have spent the last few years with Minds Matter Boston, a non-profit organization providing mentoring and college prep for highly-motivated, low-income high school students in the Boston area. During this time, I have served as a mentor for a high-school student, Adrianna Hernandez (pictured).
After three years of immense hard work, determination & the support of Minds Matter Boston, Adrianna began her freshman year at the University of Massachusetts, with numerous merit and need-based scholarships to help her dreams become a reality.
Our students come from households with an average income of $27,000, maintain a 3.75 GPA, but often do not receive the resources in school or at home to make college success a reality.
Thanks to the generosity of people like you, Minds Matter Boston has grown to an organization serving 94 students, providing:
- Full tuition coverage for top-tier academic summer programs
- Professional ACT & Writing instructio.
- Expert advice on the college application process and financial aid process
Since its inception in 2003, 100% of Minds Matter Boston's seniors have been accepted to a four-year college with generous financial aid!
As we continue to grow our organization and provide academic guidance to some of Boston's highest-achieving & most-deserving youth, I invite you to contribute to campaign this Holiday season.
- $25 covers food during our sessions for one student for a full year
- $50 covers one student’s college application fee
- $100 provides transportation for one student to and from our sessions for the year
- $300 funds ACT tutoring for one student for the entire year
- $1,000 covers the cost of a new laptop for one graduating senior
- $2,500 sponsors a student for one year in the program