For the last 5+ years, Bryce and I have been part of Minds Matter Boston. At MM, we believe that no student dedicated to earning a college education should be limited be their socioeconomic status. Minds Matter Boston empowers highly motivated, low-income students to achieve academic excellence and overcome barriers inhibiting opportunities for post-secondary education.
A three-year program beginning with students in the tenth grade of high school, Minds Matter Boston provides wrap-around services including 2:1 mentoring, professional ACT & Writing instruction, access to college-immersion summer programs and personalized college advising, to ensure these promising students gain college admission and experience college success. The length, depth, and variety of the interventions provided sets Minds Matter Boston apart from other college access programs and allows us to achieve unparalleled outcomes. Since its inception in 2003, 100% of Minds Matter Boston’s seniors have been accepted to a four-year college with generous financial aid.
Two years ago, my student Linh was accepted to Boston University on a generous full scholarship. It was extremely rewarding to see her succeed after three years of mentorship but also become friends with her. I am excited for future generations of MM students to have the same opportunities as her and know that it wouldn't be possible without the generosity of everyone in our communities. Thank you!
- $25 covers food during our sessions for one student for a full year
- $50 covers one student’s college application fee
- $100 provides transportation for one student to and from our sessions for the year
- $300 funds ACT tutoring for one student for the entire year
- $1,000 covers the cost of a new laptop for one graduating senior
- $2,500 sponsors a student for one year in the program