"It is not what one says, but rather what one does, that makes all the difference in the world."
Thank you for taking the time to help others with your charitable acts. By practicing kindness to others, you lift yourself as well.
All of the boys and girls that attend Experience Camps have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver. This can have a significant emotional strain, as well as financial hardship, leaving many of our campers and their families without some of the basic necessities that many of us take for granted.
There are many ways to help and we’re happy to discuss your own unique ideas. The guide below is one way to get started:
- Decide what your goal is. For example:
- I want to raise enough money to send 1 camper to camp.
- I want to donate backpacks to 50 campers.
- I want to fill bunk bags with goodies, like games, books, socks, etc. for each bunk at camp.
- I want to collect new clothing (shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits, socks, flipflops) for campers in need.
- I want to host a 3 point basketball shoot-out to raise awareness and raise funds.
- I want to….<Get Creative!!>
- If you choose to collect items for camp, you may choose to create an Amazon wishlist and have the items sent directly to our camp office at 136 Main Street, Westport CT, 06880.
- Write a note (email or letter), straight from the heart, to your friends and family, family friends and friends of family. Explain to them why you think this is important and why you want to do something good for kids who have seen so much heartache. Then include a link to your Service/Mitzvah Page and ASK them to do something….”To support my Mitzvah project, I’m asking each of my friends and family to <make a donation>, <send me a backpack>, <shop on an Amazon wishlist>, etc.... Please consider helping me help these campers.”
- Get ready to make a difference in the lives of grieving children!
To begin your planning, please contact us at email@example.com or 860-850-0397.