"Someone with diabetes has my heart!" is our theme for 2019! Walk for someone you love along with your family, friends, co-workers, best friends, classmates and the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi at our Mississippis Walk for Diabetes-Oxford/North MS on November 3rd on the beautiful Ole Miss Campus!
Take the first step towards making a difference in the lives of people you care about who live with diabetes 24/7! Share the love and walk in support of an elderly neighbor who cannot afford their medications or help provide a camp scholarship for a newly diagnosed child so they can attend summer diabetes camp! Everyday miracles happen from your caring and support!
The Oxford/North MS Walk will be held on the Lyceum Loop in Oxford, MS on Sunday, November 3rd. Registration starts at 1 PM with the walk ribbon cutting at 2 PM. Party with your new friends and enjoy a picnic after the walk!
Teams of families, friends, classmates, Sunday school classes and co-workers are welcomed along with individual walkers!Walk, stroll and roll with the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi and help Mississippi kids and adults living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes!For more information and FUNdraising ideas call DFM at 601-957-7878.
Everyday miracles happen because of your caring, generosity and support! Last year, your support provided:
- over 975 schoolteachers and staff with training during 25 Sweet Subject Educational programs for Mississippi's school teachers and staff
- over 300 School Nurses with up-to-date information and training on diabetes management.
- 275 boxes of information and glucose testing supplies for school diabetes emergencies to school nurses.
- 124 We Care 2 Backpacks of supplies and age-appropriate information delivered to newly diagnosed children,often delivered in person at the hospital where they were diagnosed.
- 70 families with education and networking at Camp Kandu
- 80 Health Professionals with Continuing Medical Education at our Annual CME Meeting
- 300 People with diabetes education at our Annual Diabetes SuperConference-Camp scholarships to 20 kids and teens to attend summer diabetes camp
- life to 300 individuals who could not afford the insulin they need to survive.