This campaign supports the Missions and Evangelism Ministry of theGreek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco.
This year’s campaign, which runs from Pascha to Pentecost (May 2 – June 20) will fund tangible projects at each of our six mission parishes:
· on the island of Maui, Hawaii
· St Nectarios in the fast-growing Tri-Cities town of Pasco, Washington
· Holy Resurrection in Oregon's state capital city, Salem
· Holy Cross at the heart of Southern Oregon wine and timber in Roseburg
· in picturesque Lake Havasu City, Arizona
· Holy Cross at the intersection of historic Route 66 and respected Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona
Follow our Ministry on Facebook and Instagram in order to learn about each project throughout the campaign.
While raising money for these parishes here, and awareness of the needs of the American mission field in your parish, you can also participate by:
· Joining us for an online after-Pascha book study of Growing Young by Kara Powell, Jake Mulder, and Brad Griffin. Register here.
· Sharing your story or interviewing a friend with our online audio portal. Record here.
· Examining the experience of visiting your parish for the first time with fresh eyes.
· Refreshing your parish signage, website, and welcome materials
· Hosting a Welcome Ministry retreat and training in expectation of increased visitors
· And more!
The mission of the Metropolis Missions and Evangelism Ministry is to educate, equip, and engage clergy and laity in evangelism and mission in the Orthodox Christian Tradition. This ministry was first established in the Metropolis in 1991, helping establish more than 20 new parishes, guiding their growth and development, and providing spiritual nourishment for people seeking to find Christ.
Mission to America is the fresh theme that replaces former iterations of the campaign, including Pennies & Prayers, Mochas for Missions, and most recently, Missions Possible. New theme; same work to support evangelism in our Metropolis.
Check out our Mission to America FAQ page. If you have a lingering question, please contact us.
Set up your parish page and join us on this Mission to America!