Now more than last year, hunger is impacting our communities and everyone’s help is needed. We as an office have set and smashed goals in the past. Let’s do it again to help our community in this time of great need!
Our goal this year is to have every member of the Seattle office participate by donating money and/or participating in any of the Food Frenzy events we have planned.
You may be asking yourself, “How is it possible to participate in Food Frenzy in our new work from home environment?” Well don’t you worry! Your trusty Food Frenzy coordinators (and Kenny Bittala!) have been brain storming new, fun, and creative ways to play fun Food Frenzy games and we can’t wait to share all of our new ideas! Be on the look-out this week for more detailed information on upcoming events, and if you can’t even wait to see what is in store for our competition this year you can check out our revamped Food Frenzy SharePoint page.
We have done the work – all you need to do is play the games (including Bingo, Trivia and MORE) – everybody wins! FUN! Are you still reading? Must be! That is great! Keep going!
Now a section for our newbies that were NOT at the firm during last year’s competition – firm veterans, you know the drill. Keep reading to learn more about Food Frenzy, the charitable organization Food Lifeline, and why the competition is so important to MNGD.
Food Frenzy is a competition between Western Washington businesses to help supply food to more than 300 food banks, shelters, and meal programs. Local businesses collect food donations, volunteer at the Hunger Solution Center, and host fundraisers that benefit Food Lifeline. Since we won’t be able to volunteer our time at the Food Lifeline warehouse – it is more important than ever to raise money! The competition is based on the ratio between the total donations and the number of employees at the company, not solely the total donations a company makes.
Back in the day (2019), volunteers from MNGD would head down to the Hunger Solution warehouse every month, roll up our sleeves, and get to work packing food for the people that need it most! Since this is not an option this year, Food Lifeline needs donations now more than ever. As you may infer, COVID-19 has increased the demand for food and slowed donations. People with low income, newly unemployed, seniors, and children rely on Food Lifeline food banks to provide nutritious meals. Food Lifeline also donates to organizations like YouthCare, Marys Place, Recovery Café, DESC, and Pike Market Senior Center. In summary, Food Lifeline is the food bank’s food bank. And fun fact for folks that like numbers and statistics: 96% of all donations to Food Lifeline go directly toward programs that address hunger – if you want to see what happens to the other 4% of the $$ click this link.
Stay tuned for more information on upcoming events, and check out the Food Frenzy SharePoint page to stay up to date on fun events, funds donated, and track firm participation. Every dollar donated to Food Lifeline creates the equivalent of four complete meals. Let’s do this!
Thank you, in advance, for helping those in need in our community!
$1 donation = 5 meals
Join the efforts of these participating companies to raise funds, raise awareness and volunteer for Food Lifeline. For more information about Food Frenzy, please click here.
Food Lifeline is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization registered with the Washington State Charities Program as required by law. Information may be obtained by calling 880.332.4492 or 360.725.0378. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.