MILE 6: PANAMA
We’ve walked the first 5 miles of a global marathon together. For mile 6… we paddle!
Rafa expertly captains our canoe through the crystal clear waters of Bocas Del Toro, a chain of remote islands in Panama. Rafa is the first female president of her village, a small community of indigenous Ngabe people, whose health needs are her top priority. Their village is only accessible by water which makes it difficult for her people to reach the medical treatment they need. Rafa works tirelessly to connect her remote village to a team of doctors… and YOU CAN HELP!
MILE 6 QUICK FACTS:
1. The region of Bocas Del Toro, Panama suffers from the highest rates of fertility, infant mortality, and child malnutrition in Central America.
2. Floating Doctors is a team of international doctors whose mobile clinic can reach isolated villages via boat.
3. Floating Doctors provides free medical care to indigenous communities.
4. Rafa works for floating doctors and is the key link between her traditional village and the team of doctors.
5. $53 provides comprehensive healthcare for one person for a full year.
Please donate $53 to give medical treatment to one more person in need in Rafa's village!
All donations directly benefit Floating Doctors, a US 501c3 nonprofit that directly supports the medical team in Panama. Floating Doctors' mission is to reduce the present and future burden of disease in the developing world and to promote improvements in health care delivery worldwide.