Welcome to my 2020 Boston Marathon campaign for the MEB Foundation! Over the coming months, my training partner/coach (okay, he is really just my dog) and I will train for the 2020 Boston Marathon. I ask you to join Foxtrot and I as we embark on this journey, or as we like to say, as we GoFoxtrotting.
Follow us at:
While I have longed to qualify for Boston, I am just not Boston fast. But when I look back at the races I most enjoyed training for, the purpose of the race was always bigger than any associated individual gain. Two of the most striking examples are the Army Ten Miler (in 2013 & 2014) and the Bataan Memorial Death March (in 2015 & 2016). As a charity runner for Team MEB, the purpose again is more important than the 26.2 miles of the race. I am very excited to tell the story of the MEB Foundation and ultimately enable them to do great things in our communities.
As soon as I read the mission of the MEB Foundation mission, I felt an instant connection as a formerly obese adolescent and now practicing military sports dietitian. The MEB Foundation fulfills its mission as a collaborator and leader in the areas of youth health, education, and fitness through programs and events that:
· Provide the tools and resources to lead healthy lifestyles.
· Engage children in academics, in and out of school hours.
· Provide opportunities for children to play and learn positive life skills through involvement in sports.
· Engage entire communities in promoting youth health, education, and fitness.
Most importantly, the MEB Foundation stresses empowering youth and their families to “Maintain Excellent Balance.” Balance has been a key factor in our family life success. Military demands, competing individual and family goals, finite time, and a multitude of other factors challenge us daily. But by maintaining proper balance, we are able to collectively succeed.
How to Help:
Ways to help us achieve our fundraising goal:
1) Contribute! Any amount helps. If everyone contributes at least $1 per mile of the Boston Marathon, we will only need 325 people to get us to our goal ($26.20 x 325 people = $8,515).
2) Share, share, share. The more you help us by sharing our messages, the more people we can bring into our journey towards Boston.
3) Own a business or know someone who owns a business? We would love to talk about how we can work together. Drop us a line.