Empowering homeless women, children, and families to reclaim their lives by providing shelter, nourishment, resources, healing and hope in a safe community.
Mary’s Place opened in 1999 as a drop-in day center for single homeless women in downtown Seattle. In response to the increasing numbers of women and families with children experiencing homelessness, Mary’s Place opened its first emergency family night shelter in 2011 and currently operates seven family shelters providing more than 680 beds. Four of those shelters operate as 24/7 Family Centers that provide housing, employment, and wellness services each day for families experiencing homelessness.
Here are some examples of what your dollars can do:
· $57 provides 6 kids with a fun outing to movies, museums, and fun playtime to forget about homelessness and just be kids.
· $104 provides 4 children with a school backpack, lunch-box, school supplies and transportation to school.
· $267 provides 20 babies with a full day’s supply of diapers, wipes, and formula.
· $510 provides 85 women with nursing services this year.
· $714 provides 56 moms and kids with a night of safety, shelter, dinner, showers and laundry services in our Emergency Family Shelter, including weekends!
· $1,090 provides 40 women with new bras and panties.
· $1,566 provides 40 women with six weeks of day shelter, food, and resources.