Mariposa Women & Family Center is a non-profit organization that provides low-cost, mental health services to the surrounding areas of Orange and San Juan Capistrano. While promoting mental wellness in the community, we did not want to compromise the physical health of our clients and staff, so Mariposa has transitioned to operating online with virtual sessions/ Telehealth.
During these difficult times, we are strengthening our approach of outreach to help individuals and families struggling to find appropriate counseling services. With Coronavirus having a major impact in everyone’s day-to-day lives, our CEO Dr. Krista Driver has created a FREE online COVID-19 Support Group. Additionally, we also offer Women’s Survivor of Sexual Assault (SOSA), Women’s Substance-Use Disorder (SUD), Non-Parent Expected (NPE), General Grief, Route 91 Survivors, and General Anxiety therapy support groups at fixed rates, which have all been restructured for Telehealth services. We also offer individual, couple, children, and family online sessions on a sliding scale..
The Coronavirus pandemic has affected the world, but we are truly appreciative to be able to continue providing our staff with a steady income. We can continue to have our MFT and MSW Trainees working on their training hours, and most importantly, continue to provide the community with low cost mental health services.
Please join us Mariposa Women & Family Center on May 5th for Giving Tuesday Now. GoFundMe is providing immediate aid to non-profit organizations. They will match up to $300,000 in donations to various non-profit organizations. We appreciate your continuous support for Mariposa Women & Family Center through COVID-19..
This is how your donations can help Mariposa:
· $6,000 sponsors 250 sessions for COVID-19 First Responders
· $5,000 sponsors the Women’s Sexual Assault Survivor Support Group for 6 months
· $4,500 subsidizes individual/family counseling services for 300 people
· $3,000 subsidizes 150 Domestic Violence Group sessions for women
· $2,500 provides 4 months of substance abuse treatment program services for 6 women
· $1,500 sponsors 75 groups for Community COVID-19 support groups
· $1,000 subsidizes 20 Equine therapy session for victims of trauma
· $500 subsidizes 25 Grief groups
These are the values that truly align with how we CARE for others.
Please continue to take care of your mental and physical health and be considerate to those around you. We are all in this together.