Malawi has confirmed COVID-19 cases and Jacaranda Foundation is joining the fight against the pandemic. Being one of the poorest countries in the world, Malawi has a very limited health system capacity. All schools in Malawi closed on 24th March. It's been a hard time for us as this is the first time that the children have left the school without knowing when they will return through our gates. As you know, our school provides free education, nutrition and health care. We are doing all we can to keep our children healthy and safe and are distributing masks and soap, ensuring vulnerable families receive porridge flour and food such as beans and maize, and developing a remote education model for our students.
Your help will allow us to:
- buy food for the school children - 50kg bags of maize and beans to be distributed to the children homes and their families
- provide medical assistance for children who need their monthly medications
- sew masks at school for students, their families and their communities
- distribute soap to the children homes
- sustain our educational programs - preparation of home study notes that we send to our children
Thank you for supporting our children, their families and their communities during this crisis - together, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community and in the country.