The Malibu Pie Festival is an annual celebration hosted by the Malibu United Methodist Church for over 30 years!
The Malibu Pie Festival is a Fall Malibu tradition, looked forward to by many. Covid-19 has deeply cut into our ability to hold this important fundraiser and community gathering.
We are therefore coming to you directly to ask for you to help us continue our ongoing outreach efforts to create a compassionate community here and around the world. Will you think about donating what your Family might have spent at our Pie Festival for all that yummy pie, gift baskets, mugs, t-shirts, ice cream, plants and good music? Your generous donation will support such programs as:
· Annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner co-sponsored with the Malibu Jewish
Center and Synagogue
· Creating a Compassionate connection with those who are unsheltered or hungry by
providing nutritious meals twice a week
· Youth groups, youth concerts, Improv classes, Family Cinema in our Courtyard
· Community lectures, speakers, documentary screenings on Social Media
Citizenship, Crisis at the Border, Malibu history, Voting rights, Soil regeneration,
Japanese Internment in WWII
· Quality, non-profit, inclusive nursery school and Infant Program
· Education about and support for organizations responding to disasters, eliminating
malaria, fighting human trafficking, support of women’s health
· Tales and Poetry by the Sea, showcasing professional storytellers and poets on
love, citizenship, identity, race and Family
· 12 Step Programs
· Book discussion groups on current topics including anti-racism
Your gift is tax deductible: #95-3900089 and there are several ways to donate:
Ø Our Go Fund Me Charity Campaign (You are Here! : ) )
Ø https://www.malibuumc.org/give and click on Pie Festival to donate online
Ø Mail a check to Malibu United Methodist Church, 30128 Morning View Dr, Malibu 90265 (please note Pie Festival in memo)
We appreciate being able to work together with you to meet the challenges of this time. The isolation and uncertainty we are facing is unsettling, but our goal is to remain positive and follow our path as we are called to do. Thank you in advance for your generous contribution to our programs and please continue to support our local businesses who have supported our Pie Festival for so many years.