Our mission is to build a better and brighter future for all those affected by spina bifida.
*Update on COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Walk-N-Roll-Athon will be a VIRTUAL event. We will have FOUR days of virtual fun, full of team talents, competitions, and adaptive recreation. Please sign up today!
Together, we are #SBStrong!
WHY SUPPORT SBAGNE?
- We are the only voluntary health organization in the New England area solely serving individuals living with spina bifida and their families
-We connect members with health and disability resources in their community
-We offer social and community events that connect children and adults living with spina bifida and their loved ones in a way that values lasting connections and creates an environment of community and support
-We hold the New England Spina Bifida Conference for SBAGNE members, medical professionals, and other service providers to bring information and resources directly to the community
- We hosted 450 attendees for social events for families, youth, and adults and provided outreach to 25,000 people at the Abilities Expo and Massachusetts Women's Conference
The All New England Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida will take place the week of July 12-18 VIRTUALLY!
We invite you to walk or roll in your best TEAL during the week of July 12-18. Pick a time and date that works for you and walk or roll around your house, your neighborhood park, local track, or wherever you like to #GetActive! We'll ask you to post photos or videos of your walk, your story, or even your talent to a designated event page. We are in the process of planning a fun day of virtual activities, so stay tuned for more information on how to participate in this interactive event.
Please remember to follow your state and local guidance on social distancing and coronavirus prevention. Your safety is our TOP priority!
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family-friendly, non-competitive, one-mile walk event and educational resource fair that raise awareness and celebrates the accomplishments of the over 180,000 Americans living with spina bifida. Proceeds are used to support local community programs and services for all affected by spina bifida.
The name "Walk-N-Roll" was selected because it embodies a sense of inclusiveness and invokes the sense of empowerment which the spina bifida community embraces in all that it does.
To create a team, click "JOIN."
Join our campaign to support valuable programs and help us fund our 2020 events and activities! Check this page regularly to enter to win fun prizes and giveaways by meeting fundraising goals. Find out what programs and services these fundraising amounts cover.
- Just for joining, we'll send you a cloth face mask so you can wear your spina bifida pride while keeping yourself and others safe!
- Raise $100 to earn 2020 Walk-N-Roll t-shirts for you and your team and you will support outreach to hospitals and clinics.
- Raise $250 to earn a set of classy slate coasters and your efforts will underwrite one Empowerment Program Benefit.
- Raise $500 to earn a wireless charging pad and you will cover attendance for 1 family to attend Browne Center activities.
- Raise $1000 to earn a beautiful cheese board set and underwrite BEST Meets BLIN'G attendance for 1 parent/child.
- Raise $2500 to earn a BBQ Utensil Set and your fund-raising will covers the cost of a Summer Picnic.
- Raise $5000 to earn a picnic backpack for two and underwrite our annual Holiday Parties.
As a non-profit, we are very grateful for your support, but we are also dependent on the funds you raise. A large part of the donation money we receive comes through fundraising websites like GoFundMe Charity since this is a convenient way for individuals to donate.
GoFundMe Charity charges a service fee to SBAGNE for each donation. We ask that you encourage your donors to "opt-in" to cover the fee during their online donation check-out process. This ensures that we are able to make full use of the donations made to SBAGNE.