Our mission is to enhance the lives of all effected by spina bifida through community-bulding, education, advocacy, and support. We also seek to promote the prevention of spina bifida through outreach on the benefits of folic acid.
Why Support SBAGNE?
- We reach over 10,000 constituents annually
- We offer social and community events that connect children and adults living with spina bifida and their loved ones in a way that values lasting connections and creates an environment of community and support
- We connect members with health and disability resources in the community
- We are the only voluntary health organization in the New England area solely serving individuals living with spina bifida, their families, and professionals
The annual Massachusetts Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida will take place on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children.
Registration and activities begin at 9AM and the walk will begin at 10:30AM. This year, the walk will be followed by our annual Massachusetts Summer Picnic!
Please plan to stay for lunch, pontoon boat rides, swimming, lawn games, and activities in the gymnasium!
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is a family-friendly, non-competitive, one-mile walk event and educational resource fair that raise awareness of spina bifida and celebrates the accomplishments of the over 180,000 Americans living with its challenges. Proceeds are used to support local community programs and services for all affected by spina bifida.
The name "Walk-N-Roll" was selected because it embodies a sense of inclusiveness and invokes the sense of empowerment which the spina bifida community embraces in all that it does.
To create a team, click "join."
Join our campaign to support valuable programs and win lots of door prizes and giveaways!
- $100: Your donation supports outreach to hospitals and clinics
- $250: Your donation underwrites one Empowerment Program benefit
- $500: Your donation underwrites attendance for 1 parent/teen to BEST/BLING
- $1000: Your donation underwrites 2 editions of the SBAGNE Quarterly Newsletter
- $2500: Your donation underwrites a Summer Picnic
- $5000: Your donation underwrites an annual Holiday Party
As a non-profit, we are very grateful for your support, but we are also dependent on the funds you raise. A large part of the donation money we receive comes through fundraising websites like Crowdrise since this is a convenient way for individuals to donate.
Crowdrise charges a service fee to SBAGNE for each donation made. We ask that you encourage your donors to "opt-in" to cover the fee during their online donation check-out process. This ensures that we are able to make full use of the donations made to SBAGNE.