Hey family and friends!
This summer I will be packing my bags and heading to South Dakota to work with an amazing non-profit organization, Rural Area Veterinary Services (RAVS). I am currently completing my second year of veterinary school so this opportunity will allow me to step out of the classroom and put my training to use! I will be working alongside an amazing team of veterinarians, technicians and volunteers to help give animals the care they need on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. This 10-day trip will consist of wellness visits, vaccinations, spays/neuters and lifesaving procedures to animals in desperate need of veterinary care, due to minimal available resources. All money raised will be given to RAVS in order to provide these services to as many animals as possible. Rural Area Veterinary Services (RAVS) provides care to over 8,000 animals and trains hundreds of veterinary students each year. It’s going to be challenging with long days and little sleep, but I know that it will be a life-changing experience! Every donation counts and means the world to me and the animals that will be provided with amazing care!
These are some examples on how your donation can make a difference in an animal’s life!
· $10.00=Vaccines for one dog or cat
· $25.00=Treat one dog for life-threatening tick-borne illness.
· $35.00=Anesthetic and surgery supplies to provide spay/neuter for one dog / cat
· $75.00=Life-saving parvovirus treatment for one puppy
· $100.00=Spay/Neuter, vaccination and wellness care for one dog or cat
· $250.00=Emergency surgery and aftercare for one seriously injured dog or cat