Lost Lives is dedicated to honoring the countless and unaccounted lives lost to the COVID-19 pandemic.
During “normal” times, we would be able to join together as families, as loved ones, as communities to grieve and mourn together, to share our memorials, our tributes and our remembrances of our loved ones lost to COVID-19 at funeral and burial services. But now is not a "normal” time. Now, we must grieve and mourn and remember our loved ones alone just as our loved ones have died alone from COVID.
Lost Lives is a virtual community, a platform for all of us to grieve and mourn and remember our loved ones who have died from COVID-19 together. Your storytelling, your tributes, your memorials, your remembrances about your loved ones is the heart and soul of Lost Lives.
We invite you, your families, your loved ones’ friends, colleagues and co-workers to tell the memorial stories of your loved ones to each other and to the Lost Lives community.
Here are some ways you can tell your stories:
- Poetry and/or the Written Word
- Short Stories
- Art Compositions
- Musical Compositions
If you’d like help telling your memorial story about your loved one, Lost Lives has two partners for you to use at no cost:
- KIDS FIRST! – a national group of trained, supervised and experienced youth reporters who can assist you with in creating your videotaped story – free to you.
- DIYDOC – an app to help enable you to create your own memorial video through prompts and questions. DIYDOC edits your memorial video (without you having to tinker with it) until you are satisfied with the video. Unlimited takes – free to you.
Lost Lives will also post Community Tributes that honor lives lost to COVID-19. We invite you to share and upload those tributes as they develop in your communities.
Thank you for listening to this summary of Lost Lives. You and your stories, memories, tributes and memorials about your loved ones lost to COVID-19 are the heart and soul of Lost Lives. We as human beings, we as a country, we as a world of countries must pay attention to the lives we’ve all lost to COVID-19. Lost Lives is your place, our place to pay attention to and to honor all the lives lost to COVID-19.
Lost Lives is sponsored by the Coalition for Quality Children’s Media, a 501(c) 3 nonprofit founded in 1991. All funds raised in this campaign go directly to support Lost Lives.
Here are the five ways Lost Lives will accomplish its mission:
. Lost Lives will hire a web master to develop an online platform that enables video memorials from loved ones of those lost to COVID-19 to be shared across the Lost Lives virtual community. In this immediate funding round, Lost Lives will be able to mount only English-language video memorials. As additional funding becomes available, our goal is to mount video memorials in all languages with both English and Spanish translations so that lost lives from all communities and all countries are represented.
- Lost Lives will develop affiliations with groups most affected by COVID-19 in order to discover families/friends of loved ones who would like the opportunity to pay tribute, remember and memorialize their now deceased loved ones. Such groups will include, but are not limited to, Black Lives Matter, The Committee for Hispanic Families and Children, UNIDOS US, The National Council of Churches, The National Council of Synagogues, The Aging Life Care Association, The Eldercare Workforce Alliance, The National Council on Aging, The AFL-CIO, The United Food & Commercial Workers, The National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees, The Service Employees International Union and others.
- Lost Lives will hire KIDS FIRST! to train and supervise youth reporters that will help families and friends develop their video memorials and tributes. This will be available to you at no charge.
- Lost Lives will make the DIYDOC app “Celebrations of Their Lives – Modern Memorials” available to for you to create and develop videotaped memorials and tributes. This will be available to you at no charge.
- Lost Lives will hire a social media marketing specialist for communications across social media channels. This consultant will also be responsible for any and all social media communications on an ongoing basis.
- Lost Lives will hire a fund acquisition consultant to generate the funding necessary from individual donors, foundations and businesses to implement all aspects the Lost Lives mission.
Lost Lives is operating under the umbrella of the Coalition for Quality Children’s Media, a 501 (c) 3 national non-profit organization established in 1991. All contributions generated in this campaign will go directly to Lost Lives and are tax-exempt to the extent allowed by law.
Many thanks to Leo Touchet for the use of his photo .