The LETSPLAYCATCH.ORG project is raising money for COVID-19 responders and front line workers through directrelief.org. While we are keeping communities together through our global game of catch #letsplaycatch we want to give back and help all the brave people fighting the battle on the front line, in the hospitals and medical facilities. We appreciate your generosity.
Direct Relief for COVID-19
- Direct Relief is coordinating with public health authorities, nonprofit organizations and businesses in the U.S. and globally to provide personal protective equipment and essential medical items to health workers responding to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- In the U.S., Direct Relief is delivering protective masks – along with exam gloves, isolations gowns, and other protective gear to healthcare organizations across the country.
- Direct Relief is also staging personal protective equipment with regional response agencies across the world, including in the Caribbean and South America through the Pan American Health Organization.
As everything is contracting, Direct Relief is expanding its coronavirus response efforts through the large-scale provision of PPE and other medical essentials
As case totals grow, Direct Relief is focusing on the four key areas of activity:
- Providing assistance in the form of personal protective equipment, or PPE, for health workers
- Building an ICU medication model and mobilizing private resources to build a stockpile to assist with anticipated spike in ICU patients
- Boosting support to safety-net facilities to address existing chronic gaps that are likely to grow
- Collaborating with infectious disease epidemiologists, technology companies and public agencies to use aggregated mobility data to support the COVID-19 response.