Helping LAYC youth and families stay connected to the community is critical during this unprecedented global crisis. LAYC’s commitment to their youth and families has not wavered and staff are adapting services to respond to evolving needs and challenges throughout the community.
Your contribution today will support youth and families in the following ways:
- Groceries and grocery gift cards for older youth and families facing food insecurity, made worse by skyrocketing staple grocery prices in some places.
- Video-chat counseling and support services for youth experiencing increasing anxiety and mental health issues.
- Diaper distribution for young parents and families.
- Laptop and internet purchase for GED students to access on-line learning.
- Additional technology and internet access to enable students to learn from home.
- Learning kits that include virtual field trips, social hangouts online, and other enrichment activities to keep youth engaged in learning during school closures.
- Continued support for youth living in LAYC apartment units and coordination with local partners to provide safe housing for homeless youth.
Please consider making a gift today so you can help LAYC continue to serve and provide hope to our youth and families while ensuring they are treated humanely and with dignity during this crisis.