For over 130 years, the American Red Cross has been helping neighbors down the street, across the country and around the world. As the nation’s premier emergency preparedness and response organization, the Red Cross is there through every imaginable crisis — from heart attacks to hurricanes — helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. In the last fiscal year in Orange County, the local Red Cross:
• Assisted 247 families affected by local disasters
• Provided 1,668 services to military members, veterans and their families
• Collected 82,385 units of lifesaving blood products in Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
• Installed 3,370 smoke alarms to help prevent home fire deaths and injuries in vulnerable communities
• Enrolled more than 44,000 people in Red Cross health and safety courses