* Can I contribute to any neighborhood? Absolutely!
* What if I can't donate $10 but still want to participate, support Knock Knock, and help my neighborhood win? No problem! We understand these are very difficult times and appreciate ANY denomination you are willing to contribute. Every little bit counts! Unfortunately, GoFundMe's minimum is $10 but we have other options for payment. All offline donations will be credited to the neighborhood of your choice and will be tallied on this site.
*Where will my donation go? Contributions to the Knocking for Knock Knock Neighborhood Challenge will go to the Knock Knock’s “Who’s There?” Fund. This fund opens the door of learning for children and families in our community by supporting the museum’s most urgent needs and is instrumental in helping Knock Knock continue to deliver the highest-quality learning environment!
* I want to participate but don't want to pay online. Can I send a check or pay cash? Of course! We will take any form of payment. If you mail a check...1) please make it out to Knock Knock Children's Museum 2) include K4KK AND the neighborhood you want it to go towards. If you want to pay cash, contact Machiko at email@example.com or 225.456.2123.
* I want to contribute to my neighborhood but I don't see it listed as one of the options. How can I participate and support Knock Knock? Fantastic news! We greatly appreciate the support and will actually have a few options. 1) You can donate to the "General Donations" bucket 2) You can become a Team Captain (instructions below) 3) You can send a request to add your neighborhood to Machiko Gaston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* What is a neighborhood captain? Being a Neighborhood Captain is easy! We will make sure you have everything you need to conduct a successful Knocking for Knock Knock campaign. All you have to do is love your neighborhood and love Knock Knock Children's Museum.
As your neighborhood’s captain, you are the head cheerleader reminding your friends and neighbors that you need their help to keep the pages turning at Knock Knock so children of the Capital Region have a place to play with a purpose AND that their participation will help your neighborhood win an exclusive Knock Knock at Your Door Experience.
You will receive a Captain’s Supply Kit, which includes fliers promoting the contest for you to give to your neighbors, door hangers to help identify those who are participating, small business cards for you to pass out, a special yard sign just for you to identify you as the Neighborhood Captain, and a letter explaining everything.
* How do I become a Neighborhood Captain? You can sign up by selecting the "Become a Captain" button and then choosing the "Create a Team" option. The bulk of the information is pre-populated for you so if you'd like to upload and personalize your neighborhood page, you can do that too! Once your team/neighborhood is created, Machiko will be in touch with additional details and delivery of your Captain's Supply Kit.
* When will the winners be announced? Knock Knock will announce the TWO winners the week of December 21st.
* What is included in the Knock Knock at your Door experience? The children from the winning neighborhoods will have the opportunity to participate in an interactive activity and enjoy a surprise demonstration. Activity kits will be available for pick-up and to do at home for those not comfortable gathering at this time.
* When will the winning Neighborhoods get to enjoy the one-of-a-kind Knock Knock at your Door experience? Knock Knock will work with the Neighborhood Captain to identify the best location and best date for Knock Knock to visit between January and April 2021.
* Do you have to donate to participate in the Knock Knock at Your Door experience? No, but registration will be required.
* I still have a question(s). Super! Please contact Machiko Gaston with your question(s) at email@example.com or 225.456.2123.