Cancer patients around the corner and around the globe need your support now more than ever.
COVID-19 has impacted everyone, and for cancer patients, it adds a whole new dimension to the fight against cancer. We are asking everyone to light a candle as a symbol of support for cancer patients, their families, and their doctors and nurses. During this global crisis, we are focused on the shifting needs of cancer patients and communities facing this pandemic. We need your support to sustain and create vital resources during this difficult time.
Keep the Candle Burning and help the American Cancer Society to Keep the Mission Strong.
The American Cancer Society is focused on the needs of cancer patients and families. Light your candle - make a donation here - and tell us WHY you want to Keep the Candle Burning! Maybe it’s in support of someone facing cancer, to celebrate a survivor, remember a loved one, or to show appreciation for a doctor, nurse, home health professional. Maybe there is a particular part of our mission that impacted your life.
Cancer hasn’t stopped. Neither can we. Keep the Candle Burning donations will support:
· Hope Lodge COVID-19 Response Fund: providing free lodging for health care workers on the frontline
· Access to Care (to be resumed after COVID 19 threat is reduced)
· Lodging at American Cancer Society Hope Lodges and through Hotel Partners
· Road to Recovery transportation programs - free transportation to cancer related appointments
· Information for Cancer Patients: Cancer.org
· 24/7 Support: call 800-227-2345 for emotional support, patient navigation and resource assistance (including wigs).
· Research: focused on reducing cancer risk, screening for early detection and treatment that saves lives
· Advocacy for Cancer Patients: working to assure relief packages include provisions that support cancer patients and the health systems that support them.