Hello Afterschool Families!
We hope everyone is well! We all miss seeing each other and look forward to connecting in person again when it’s safe. Never has the commotion of picking up kids from Afterschool been so appealing!
We are writing today with an important update on Afterschool, our plans for a successful opening in the fall, and how you can help.
With your April payments and contributions, we were able to honor our financial commitments to Afterschool staff through the month. Thank you for helping us meet this immediate need!
As we close out this year and look forward to next fall, we have the following necessities directly in front of us to keep Afterschool going and thriving for you and our kids:
- Administrative salaries into the fall, including our Director
- Scholarships for families who will need financial assistance to attend the program during the 2020-2021 school year. We anticipate this need to be even greater given today’s economic circumstances and we intend to meet it!
- Launching a new Afterschool online registration system. Parents asked and the Board is committed to delivering this important necessity of your Afterschool experience!
We are raising $30,000 to meet these needs and ensure a successful opening in the fall for the 300+ PS 107 families/kids we serve. Your gift made by June 1, 2020, will make a big difference.
As you know, families are not invoiced for Afterschool fees for the months of May and June. In lieu of these payments, we ask you to consider making a contribution to the Afterschool program.
Your gift of any amount will help keep the Afterschool program going strong. All donations are tax-deductible.
The Afterschool board is very eager to keep our operations running so we are prepared to be “back in business” for our kids (and for parents/guardians too)! If you have any questions, please email Jennifer May-Reddy at email@example.com.
With sincere appreciation,
The Board of the Park Slope Afterschool Center at PS107
Becky Hutcheson, Nancy Dodd, Julie Bleha, Annabelle Lee, Darius Mehri, Faisal Anwar, Jennifer May-Reddy and Vivien Watts
P.S. Please consider making your gift by June 1st! Not sure how much to give? See below.
“How much should I give?” Your contribution of ANY amount makes a BIG difference. Help send a kid to Afterschool! Here are the Afterschool fees per child:
- $112 = 1 day per week for a month
- $225 = 2 days per week for a month
- $370 = 5 days per week for a month
- $1,130 = 1 day per week for the whole year
- $2,250 = 2 days per week for the whole year
- $3,700 = 5 days per week for the whole year