Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church, Alexandria, VA
Our Inspiration “Keep Jesus First”
Dear GMSAC Well-Wishers,
The Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church opened its doors at 7929 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA, in July of 2011, after spending 10 years ministering from the Mark Twain Middle School. Our growth over the last two decades - and our vision for expansion – leads us to establish the 2021 GMSAC Building Fund in order to purchase our place of worship.
Therefore, we have created this GOFUNDME campaign to ask your help in raising $500,000 to purchase out right.
We are asking all of our family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and business partners to join with us in this building fund project.
Remember that we are a 501C3 nonprofit (#52-2248132); therefore, all your financial support is tax deductible. Your assistance can help us reach our goal and advance this ministry. NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL. Every bit helps as we endeavor to minister in wholesome, Christian love to the whole person.https://www.facebook.com/billy...
As Pastor of the Greater Morning Star Apostolic Church, I wish to thank all of our supporters throughout the 21 years of community service in Virginia for joining with us to meet the various needs, especially during this Covid19 Pandemic. In my 43 years of ministry and 65 years of life I have never seen such need, loss of life and hurt to families as during this present time. Thank you! We could not have accomplished the support in these areas without your caring and love.
We have a ways to go and ask that you share our GoFundMe link with others. With your continued help and support, we will be able to remain a vital beacon in the community as we minister to those of all ages and all nations.
Listed below are a few of the services provided to our communities. Many were in place before 2020, but have increased significantly due to the COVID 19 Pandemic:
· GMSAC “Sunday Dinners” was featured by Jay Korff, WJLA (General Assignment Reporter with ABC7/WJLA-TV & WJLA 24/7) local Channel-7 News for the hot meals and other foods to families https://www.facebook.com/myrna...· GMSAC “Veterans Fishing Adventure Partnership” donated hot meals weekly
· GMSAC “Fisher of Men” Food Truck fed over 19,200 individuals/families at no charge to them
· GMSAC “Star Pantry” gave out over 10,800 pounds of food to local families
· GMSAC “Rejoice Evermore Christian Academy” provides low-cost educational support, before/after care and pre-school for up to 35 children within 50-miles
· GMSAC “Deacon Ministry” provided over thousands in hotel funds for individuals in need of emergency housing last year
· GMSAC “Wounded Warrior Program” provided hundreds of back packs for military school children and children in the community, supplying them with additional laptops/iPads/electronic tablets
· GMSAC “Thanksgiving Basket” giveaways in 2020 provided hundreds of baskets filled with turkeys and nutritious foods to community families referred by our local school Social Workers
· GMSAC “Gift/Toys Ministry” gave out hundreds of toys coupled with an undisclosed amount of gift cards to children during the Holiday season.
· Faithful, Christian guidance for true Victory despite the storms of life.
We truly appreciate the love and support shown to our ministry, through calls, texts, emails, and, of course, donations, tithes and offerings. Your support has allowed us to keep our doors open; we are very grateful.
We would like to thank medical staff, police officers, first responders and essential workers who keep our great community safe during these uncertain times. We salute you and look forward to fellowshipping with you for years to come.
Thanks again for your support,
Bishop Philip S. Watkins, In Service, Semper Fi
(Deacon James V. Myers, JR, Organizer)