CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital located in Kisubi is the only hospital of its kind in Uganda. CoRSU provides orthopaedic, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and comprehensive rehabilitation services on a highly subsidized basis. The life-changing work done at CoRSU improves patients’ quality of life and allows for their full integration into society.
Established in 2006, CoRSU is a private, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO). The hospital receives no funding from the Ugandan government. Half of CoRSU’s funding, which allows for highly-subsidized patient services, is generated externally through donations from international NGOs.
People with disabilities, mostly children with debilitating conditions, are most of the patients at CoRSU. The hospital has performed over 32,000 surgeries and 64,000 rehabilitation sessions to treat conditions such as club foot, cleft palate, gluteal fibrosis, and acute burns. CoRSU proudly employs over 150 staff including physicians, nurses, orthopaedic technicians, physiotherapists, and nutritionists. All employees are highly committed and passionate about serving people with disability.
CoRSU needs YOUR help!
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, CoRSU faces an urgent financial crisis and quick action is needed to save the hospital.
- Funding from external sources (NGOs) will be cut drastically.
- Since Uganda went on lock-down due to COVID-19 in March, the hospital has been operating at a substantially reduced capacity which has decreased funds generated from patients' fees by about 90%. COVID 19 has economically affected the people with disability and they might not be able to afford CoRSU services hence we kindly request you donate to subsidize treatment.
- In addition, operating costs have increased (due to the need for personal protective equipment and increased pricing for drugs and other medical supplies.
Please make a contribution - any amount is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate $35 CDN and receive a THANK YOU video from CoRSU Hospital staff.
- Donate $100 CDN and receive ONE ENTRY into a draw to win a trip to Uganda with a team of Canadian physicians and physiotherapists.* (Terms & Conditions apply.)
All donations over $500 receive a personalized thank you video from a CoRSU staff member and the equivalent number of entries into a draw to win a trip to Uganda for medical outreach!*
- Donate $500 CDN and pay for one child's club foot surgery.
- Donate $1200 CDN and pay for one nurse or one physiotherapist's salary for one month.
- Donate $3000 CDN and support one child's complete care at CoRSU (including surgery, hospital stay and post-operative rehabilitation).
- Donate $4500 CDN and pay for one physician's salary for one month.
Donors who contribute $10,000 CDN or more will have their names highlighted on a DONOR WALL at CoRSU Hospital.
- Donate $150,000 CDN and support CoRSU's full operating budget for one month!**
All funds raised go directly to KEEPING CORSU OPEN - all administration for this campaign is being done by volunteers.
*Each equivalent donation of $100 CDN will receive an entry into a draw to win a trip to Uganda and CoRSU with a Canadian medical outreach team. Terms & Conditions apply and will be emailed to all donors who qualify.
**Donors who contribute the equivalent of $150,000 or more will receive the following:
- An all-expenses paid trip to visit CoRSU Hospital with a Canadian medical outreach team,
- Full naming sponsorship of the CoRSU Disabled Children's Sport Day for two years,
- A special THANK YOU ceremony during the visit.
Terms & Conditions apply and will be emailed to all donors who qualify.
**Please check your junk email for your official tax receipt if you have not yet received it!**