Since 2016, the Jug End Loop Ultra in Egremont, MA has been raising money for The Louison House. Louison House is a private, 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization established in 1990 by local agencies to address issues of homelessness. Over the past three decades, Louison House, as the only comprehensive housing agency in Northern Berkshire, provided services to over 5,000 individuals and families struggling with homelessness in Northern Berkshire.
Louison House offers the emotional and physical support structures necessary for providing safe housing and Rebuilding Hope within our community. They do this by:
- Providing quality, compassionate programming that fits the growing and changing needs of the homeless individuals and families in our community.
- Working with transitionally housed individuals and families to strengthen skills, improve their education and training, secure employment or adequate living income, and overcome other barriers (disability, addictions, domestic abuse, etc.) in order to secure successful permanent housing.
- Collaborating with community partners to find innovative approaches to address the ongoing concern of homelessness in our community.
- Compassion: Louison House shows kindness and fairness to all who are in need of our services.
- Respect: Louison House respects people, without being judgemental, regardless of the circumstances or personal history.
- Innovation: Louison House provides unique approaches to address homelessness in our community.
- Empowerment: Louison House supports and empower those we work with, by providing them with the skills, connections to resources, and tools to succeed in their lives.
- Collaboration: Louison House will continue to work with a variety of partners to lessen the impact of homelessness in our community..