On the morning of November 18th 2019, my brother gained his Angel Wings
- At 9am that morning, a year ago, I was at work like any normal day; I was in a room with a patient went my phone rang and I saw it was my dad. I panicked because my parents never call me when I’m at work. I politely rushed out of the room and went down a hallway to call him back only to hear the words “James passed away”... I immediately went into shock.... my legs became weak and all I remember yelling was “he wasn’t supposed to die”.
- He was too young, too gentle, too kind, too smart, too strong to pass like this. Every emotion filled my body as our lives together flashed in my head. We had so much to look forward to. There’s things I have accomplished that I want to tell you; and the same that you are supposed to tell me.
- Over the past 365 day, I have thought about you everyday. Some days I go through memories and pictures of us. Other days i dream about how we were supposed to grow old together....
- The person everyone remembers you as will always remain the same... how funny, personable, and giving you are. Your fight is now handed off to me because I refuse to give up on you. Everyday I try to be half as good of a person you were and I strive to fight in your name to help find a cure for Sarcoma Cancer. (I have accepted the fact that I will never be as great of a marathon runner that you are!!!)
May the pain you an endured be gone.... the love I have for you will never change.
- You will always be my big brother and I want you to keep the piece of my heart that you took on the morning of November 18th-
July is Sarcoma Awareness Month: Please take the time to educate and give back to an important cause. Thank you to all who have donated. My family and I truly appreciate it and it shows how much James meant to everyone. #Sarcoma Strong
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
THE ORIGINAL STORY: (My brother James was diagnosed on September 20th with Stage 4 MPNST Sarcoma. He fought for exactly 2 months before passing peacefully on November 18th.
James was an avid marathon runner, completing multiple Disney Marathons (which were his favorite), as well as running the Nashville Marathon, Space Coast Marathon and the Philidelphia Marathon all to raise money for childrens cancer research (St. Judes & Alex's Lemonade Stand).
In memory of James and to find a cure for Sarcoma; myself (James' Sister) and our Uncle John will be running the Disney Half Marathon on January 11th 2020. )