Holding 3 intensive workshops in the hair, barbering, and music industries for 60+ youth in Jamaica. These youth have not been able to afford proper schooling nor the tools to begin a career, so we are meeting this need.
We have partnered with 2 local schools that give free education in Jamaica to provide hands on training, supplies, and more. These workshops will be taught by volunteers giving of their time and finances to provide top training and education.
Utilizing a volunteer team of trade industry experts, we promote self-sustainability and business building through workshops, skills development, and supplying each attendee with the tools necessary to begin a career in their chosen trade.
- 74 million unemployed youth ages 15-24 in the world
- In Jamaica Youth unemployment rate is 38% - more than twice the national rate.
- This will be our third year working with the youth in Jamaica
- We are able to directly impact youth in need
YOUR DONATIONS 100% SUPPLY
- Toolkits and workbooks for 62 new students
- Food provided daily to students
- Activities for workshop
- 15 students are ecieving a 6week paid internship
- 42 students will receive 50 business cards with their information
- Shipping/Clearance of donations
- Administrative needs for workshop to be a success