Hi - I the joined Cincinnati Works Young Professional Board after learning what they do in the community.
Cincinnati Works provides access to stable jobs and personalized coaching to help individuals retain and advance within those jobs.
People who need to change their lives, and are willing to do so, come to Cincinnati Works and become Members for life. The CW model provides free 1-on-1 lifetime coaches who help them work through the roadblocks that keep them from getting and keeping a job, while honing the soft skills that are necessary in a professional setting. In addition to employment coaching, CW provides:
· financial coaching
· behavioral health counseling
· transportation assistance
· legal advocacy
· chaplain services
Once stable in a job, Members are moved toward advancement – connected to training or education that can further their career, while continuing to address barriers in their personal and professional life.
The mission is not merely to place a Member in a job; it is to assist the Member in becoming economically self-sufficient.
When Cincinnati Works, we all win!
· $25 provides resources for our JumpStart training workshop which covers job search and job retention skills
· $50 helps with transportation costs to and from their new job before they receive their first paycheck
· $100 covers recruiting materials we use with our hardest-to-hire population providing a viable alternative to a violent lifestyle—legal employment—connecting them to employers willing to hire job seekers with criminal records
· $250 pays for a one-on-one session with a Financial Coach to help clients budget their earnings, repair creditand develop assets
· $500 enables our employment specialists to conduct customized skill + job matching with our 100+ employer partners
· $1,000 covers costs of one-on-one sessions with a Professional Development Coach to assess skills, resolve any issues that are hindering their job search, and determine goals to guide clients on their career path
Learn how Cincinnati Works has continued to support their Members virtually during the covid 19 pandemic here: https://youtu.be/bilLP943Tls
Join me in supporting CW!