Registration is FREE! All attendees must fundraise a minimum of $1600 to participate in Big Sur with Team Inheritance of Hope in 2019.
Inheritance of Hope's mission is to inspire hope in young families facing the loss of a parent. All Big Sur fundraising will send more families on a life-changing Legacy Retreat, an all-expenses-paid experience where families create lifelong memories and receive tools to navigate the challenges of terminal illness.
- Guaranteed entry to one of the world's greatest marathons!
- Online fundraising resources, including a personal fundraising webpage to make your fundraising simple and successful.
- Team IoH gear, including runner bag and performance race shirt.
- Confidence that every dollar raised will make a lasting difference in the lives of families facing a marathon of their own as they deal with a parent's terminal illness.
- Want to run for free? Raise $3,000, and we will reimburse your marathon registration fee!
The marathon begins at 6:45 AM at the Big Sur Station in Big Sur. The course is from Big Sur to Carmel on scenic Highway 1, the nation’s first nationally-designated Scenic Highway. The course is USATF certified and is an official Boston qualifier. The course reopens to traffic at 1:00 PM, an approximate 6-hour course limit, just over a 13:45 pace per mile.