A year ago at this time, we were all in a state of shock and fear, wondering if President Trump would launch a pogrom against immigrants, and if so, what could we do to stop him.
Today it's clear that the resistance has worked to a much greater degree than we might have thought possible. With the help of generous supporters like you, Immigration Equality has maintained its sterling success rate even in the face of the Trump-Sessions war on immigrants and others they hold to be scapegoats for middle America's problems.
Here are Immigration Equality's top 10 achievements of 2017:
1. Took client spokespeople to Capitol Hill to demand that Congress defend DACA and the asylum system.
2. Filed in U.S. District Court to oppose the Muslim and refugee ban.
3. Reached our 1,000th client victory for LGBTQ and HIV-positive immigrants!
4. Lifted up client voices through photo and video storytelling.
5. Represented 660 immigrants and families across the U.S.
6. Secured the release from detention for people like Denis, a gay Russian asylum-seeker living with HIV.
7. Responded to the cries for help of more than 3,500 people in need from around the world.
8. Partnered with Lin Manuel Miranda in the “Immigrant We Get the Job Done” campaign.
9. Maintained a 99% success rate for all of our clients!
10. Our own Pamela Denzer named one of the top HIV activists in America by POZ magazine!
We've put together a portrait of our clients and their stories here: https://www.immigrationequality.org/freetobeme/ Please give it a read if you can.
We can't stop now, so I'm asking you to renew or, if possible, expand your support of Immigration Equality before the end of the year. You can donate here, or online at www.immigrationequality.org, or mail a check to their office: Immigration Equality | 40 Exchange Place, Suite 1300 | New York, NY 10005