Ignatius House Walks With the Excluded
Ignatius House provides a place of peace and quiet on 20 beautifully wooded acres in North Atlanta where a 500-year-old method for prayer and clarity is embraced and diversity is celebrated. All are welcome at the retreat center. We show you how Ignatian spirituality (developed by the Spaniard St. Ignatius of Loyola) helps us become not only our best selves, but also our truest selves. It is a new path to encountering God.
We seek to accompany people as they discern complex choices in the social, economic, and cultural spheres of life. We work to openly welcome those who are suffering by helping each other listen to our deepest self, the space where God speaks to us, when serious problems have to be solved.
How You Can Help
Gifts support programming for women of color, parents and LGBT teens, the recently homeless, recovered addicts, and outreach to Hispanic day laborers.
Help launch, assist, or expand these initiatives that serve those on the margins:
1. Fortunate & Faithful Families – hosted activities for Catholic parents and LGBT teens to foster mutual understanding through dialogue, hospitality, education, and loving support.
2. Ignatian Spirituality Project – retreats for those rebuilding healthful lives after homelessness and addiction recovery.
3. Bee at Peace – new faith-sharing circles for women of color to inspire peace, rejuvenating stillness, and connection. (Launching in 2020)
4. Hispanic Outreach – Spanish-language retreats offering spiritual fortification for day laborers building hopeful new futures.
5. Kitchen Cura - vocational, culinary internship for those transitioning from halfway houses after homelessness and addiction recovery.
Gifts of any amount will help.
$20 provides a journal to new members of Bee at Peace.
$65 underwrites a day of reflection for parents and LGBT teens.
$100 sponsors someone moving forward after addiction recovery.
$148 covers the cost of overnight retreats for those who cannot afford to pay.
$300 supports roughly one week of training in the three-month Kitchen Cura program.
Designate your gift to the project you'd most like to support in the "Comment" field of your transaction.
6700 Riverside Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30328