Hello!! Thank you so much for visiting my crowdfunding page for Empower Through Health's 2019 Holiday Campaign.
Empower Through Health (ETH) is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to providing the world’s most disadvantaged people with high-quality affordable healthcare. We serve a target population of over 70,000 people across 54 towns in the Buyende District in eastern rural Uganda.
For those who don't know me, my name is Jade. I spent this past summer in Uganda interning with ETH where I not only completed my graduate practicum requirements but also gained invaluable experience in global health and as a researcher. I didn't know that my time as an intern would turn into a lifelong commitment with ETH and the people they serve, but it certainly has.
I and two other Saint Louis University MPH students are in the cyclical process of data analysis and open coding from our maternal and child health research projects. We have begun to identify themes and patterns of meaning within the data. We plan to disseminate knowledge that can help to improve and inform ways to achieve better maternal and child health, access to care, address community needs, and move forward with evidence-informed interventions in this special region of Uganda.
More about the Mpunde Health Center: Since opening our health center on November 1st, 2018, a clinical outpost in the village of Mpunde, we’ve been able to provide 6,975 total patients with our suite of medical services. The treatments and services we’ve provided include:
· Enabling 272 women to access antenatal care and deliver 72 newborn babies.
· Delivering free immunizations to 3,678 children and adults, in partnership with the Ugandan Ministry of Health.
· Offer free screening for malaria, cataracts, and tuberculosis to 847 individuals.
· Triage 2,106 patients visiting our clinic for routine and emergency visits.
The Holiday Campaign enables us to sustain our core operations. Any contribution you are able to offer advances our mission of providing healthcare to enable individuals to take control of their own destinies.
As an example, suggested donations provide:
· $25 provides malaria testing and treatment for 40 people
· $50 provides another bed for inpatients
· $125 provides 5,000 amoxicillin tablets to treat bacterial infections
· $300 provides around one months' salary for our nurse Zubeidah
· $600 provides us with funds to purchase new medical equipment for the clinic
· $1000 provides us with one months' worth of medication for the health center
Every single dollar counts.
If you would like to join our fundraising team, click the 'Join Fundraiser' button above and you will be prompted through the process.
If you would be interested in discussing opportunities to volunteer, partner on developing future programs, or visiting our facilities, please don’t hesitate to let us know by clicking the 'Get Involved' button above or mentioning it in your donation comment.